Alex specialises in preventing money laundering in its varying forms and has a very unique insight that is hard to find.
Alex Henderson is the current Head of AML at The Ritz Hotel Casino, one of the worlds most prestigious casinos. Alex has worked for the National Crime Agency (NCA) as part of the AML expert witness team and has been involved in multiple high end money laundering investigations. As well as having worked for several years as part of the NCA’s AML expert witness team, Alex spent much of his NCA career working as part of the covert operations unit (Undercover operations) portraying many different roles, including the role of a high end money launderer. This unique insight into the mind of a criminal allows financial institutions to see the vulnerabilities and risks from a new angle. Alex advises a large number of organisations with regards to their AML compliance programmes and has lectured extensively in the UK and across Europe.
- Successfully delivered AML training workshops to a large banking group with over 4000 employees
- Advises money service bureaus, banks and regulated businesses on their AML risks
- Operated in a covert capacity in various operations across the UK, portraying the role of a money launderer amongst many others
- Involved in many high profile investigations involving trade based money laundering and sector focused laundering
- Advised leading organisations on the financial crime risks and vulnerabilities impacting their business
- Delivered training to multiple financial institutions and developed staff knowledge of AML across over 100 organisations to date
- Leading the AML team at one of London’s top casinos, handling high risk members and overseeing the due diligence of the business customer database
- Advised a major bank in regards to their AML fine and enforcement action on best practice moving forward
- Involved in various counter terrorism and AML Law Enforcement operations across the UK